Monday, September 10, 2012

StuG III Research Path

I'm actually writing this now because I'm going to be getting rid of my StuG III real soon so before I sell it, at least I have something to refer to. Out of all the TD's I've played (which isn't a lot mind you), the Stug III has really shown me that it can work miracles. I finally got back my 9 kill record which took a very long time to get. My previous 9 kill record was in a Panzer II and that was back in beta. I was pretty excited back then too since it was my very first time I had stolen gotten so many kills.

Oh and somehow the wiki isn't incredibly accurate about the armor part but keep in mind that if you try to face hug same tiered tanks (or lower tired tanks), you'll have a really good chance of bouncing shots. Your upper glacis is actually stronger than you would imagine and it's only the lower glacis that is easy to penetrate.

  1. Gun: 7.5 cm PaK 39 L/48
  2. Tracks: StuG-III-Ostketten
  3. Gun: 7.5 cm StuK 42 L/70
  4. Engine: Maybach HL 120 TR
  5. Engine: Maybach HL 120 TRM
  6. Radio: FuG 7
  7. Gun: 10.5 cm StuH 42 L/28
  8. Tank: JagdPz IV

If you prefer to use the 10.5 cm (which is a derp gun), then switch step 3 with step 7. Otherwise the 7.5 cm StuK is a better choice as it has excellent accuracy and decent rate of fire. Also the upgraded radio only has 415m of range so upgrading it won't make too big of a difference (sadly). 

No comments:

Post a Comment